Today we are announcing the formation of a new project group under
the libs team, focused on error handling!
Some of the goals this project group will be working on include:
- Defining and codifying common error handling terminology.
- Generating consensus on current error handling best practices.
- Identifying pain points that exist in Rust’s error handling story.
- Communicating current error handling best practices.
- Consolidating the Rust error handling ecosystem.
This new project group is being shepherded by Jane Lusby
(@yaahc) and Sean Chen
(@seanchen1991), with Andrew
Gallant (@BurntSushi) acting in
an advisory capacity and Ashley Mannix
(@KodrAus) acting as the library team